Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" video.
![]() |
| "I Have A Dream" speech at Washington DC's Lincoln Memorial |
Emmanuel: Martin Luther King was peaceful.
Stephanie: He used his words to change everything.
Diana: Thanks to him we can all be together.
Jorge: He gave a great speech called, "I Have a Dream."
Yeraldi: He was so smart he skipped two grades in high school.
Gustavo: Someone shot and killed him.
Yara: He passed away in Washington, DC.
Christian R: He graduated from college.
Felipe: He was in a hotel, then he got shot.
Alejandra: He gave "I Have A Dream" speech in Washington, DC.
Ben: He wanted to help people. It was not fair that they were segregated.
This past summer, my husband, Randy, and I went to Washington, DC for vacation. We visited the Lincoln Memorial and saw the place where Martin Luther King gave his "I Have A Dream" speech.
| Lincoln Memorial... MLK stood at the top of the steps |
| View from the top of the steps looking out over the reflecting pool |
| The view MLK saw when he gave his speech |
| Marker showing where MLK was when he gave his speech |
| The lady and boy are standing at the plaque for MLK |
| View from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial |



"I learned that Dr. King used his words not his fist."
ReplyDeleteTiana
"I learned that Dr. King was killed in 1968."
ReplyDeleteMichael
"I learned that Dr. King's birthday is on January 15th."
ReplyDeleteMrs Walker and I got to tour the city of Washington DC this summer. It was wonderful! We saw the White House, Arlington National cemetery, Museum of Natural History (where one of the Night at the Museum movies was filmed) and much more. I hope all of you get a chance to visit our nation's capital and enjoy seeing the sights and history that were a part of our country's early years.
ReplyDeleteRandy Walker